In April, 2011, over 50 experienced judges evaluated a total of 2639 wine kit entries as part of the Winemaker Magazine International Amateur Wine Competition. Over the course of three days, wine judging panels examined all entries, using the UC-Davis 20-point scale. All wines were scored on appearance, aroma, taste, aftertaste and overall impression. All judging was done blind, meaning that those evaluating each entry were given a pre-poured glass of wine with absolutely no identification attached except a tracking number.
The top 100 is based on the average scores given by judges to the top performing kit entries this year.
To mention a few of our personal favourites and best selling wines:
3. Winexpert Selection Estate Series Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon
5. Winexpert Selection Estate Series Stag's Leap Napa Valley Merlot
13. Cellar Craft Showcase Old Vine Zinfandel
15. Cellar Craft Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
23. Winexpert Selection International Australian Chardonnay
28. Cellar Craft Showcase Italian Barbera
35. Winexpert Selection Speciale Chocolate Raspberry Port
38. Winexpert Selection International Italian Pinot Grigio
42. Cellar Craft Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah
47. Cellar Craft Showcase Yakima Valley Viognier
67. Winexpert Selection Original Piesporter
78. Cellar Craft Showcase Austrian Zweigelt
and many more.
Winemaker Magazine published a list with the top 100 scoring wine kits, based on the results of 2011 WineMaker Magazine international amateur wine competition held in Vermont.
If we break down this list by supplier, the list reads like this:
Cellar Craft 16
Wine Kitz 4
Heron Bay 2
Vintners Cellar 2
Mosti Mondiale 1
Art of Brewing is official dealer for RJSpagnols, Winexpert, Cellar Craft and Vineco, which means that 91 out of these 100 wine kits are available in our store.